Ross served in the military as a lieutenant general, before a heart attack led him to change his career and go into politics, eventually becoming the United States Secretary of State. His beliefs and commitment to protecting his country, put him in conflict with other heroes, such Bruce Banner, Tony Stark, and the Avengers.
- The Incredible Hulk (2008)
- Marvel One-Shots
- The Consultant (2011, archival footage from The Incredible Hulk)
- Captain America: Civil War (2016)
- Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
- Avengers: Endgame (2019, cameo, no lines)
Total appearances: 5.
- Due to Ross being so different in Captain America: Civil War, William Hurt considered him to be an entirely separate incarnation to who he was in The Incredible Hulk. Anthony and Joe Russo, directors of the former, brought him back to make more relevance of the The Incredible Hulk, due to its growing lack of continuity in regards to the larger Marvel Cinematic Universe.