"Now is Not the End" is the first season one episode of Agent Carter. It was produced by ABC Studios, Marvel Television, and F&B Fazekas & Butters. The episode was directed by Louis D'Esposito, from a script written by Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely.
- United States, ABC: January 6, 2015
The war is over, but experienced Agent Carter is relegated to office work at the S.S.R. by her sexist male colleagues, who go out on field assignment. But when her old friend, Howard Stark, is accused of selling his deadly weapons into enemy hands, she finds herself working to clear his name, at the risk of being a traitor.
|Hayley Atwell||Agent Peggy Carter|
|James D'Arcy||Edwin Jarvis|
|Chad Michael Murray||Agent Jack Thompson|
|Enver Gjokaj||Agent Daniel Sousa|
|Shea Whigham||Chief Roger Dooley|
|Dominic Cooper||Howard Stark|
|Lyndsy Fonseca||Angie Martinelli|
|Kyle Bornheimer||Agent Ray Krzeminski|
|Alexander Carroll||Agent Yauch|
|James Frain||Leet Brannis|
|James Landry Hébert||Sasha Demidov|
|Ashley Hinshaw||Colleen O'Brien|
|James Urbaniak||Miles Van Ert|
|Andre Royo||Spider Raymond|
|Chris Evans (archival footage)||Steve Rogers (Captain America)|
|Lesley Boone||Rose Roberts|
|Unknown (photo)||Young Howard Stark|
|Bill Kamenson||Senator Webster|
|Harry S. Truman (photo)||Himself|
|Costa Ronin||Anton Vanko|
|Kevin Heffernan||Madison Avenue guy|
|Tim True||Tipsy guy|
|Carrick O'Quinn||Tall bouncer|
|Rob Mars||Jerome Zandow|
|Jeffrey David Anderson||Short bouncer|
- Winston Churchill
- B. Hornbuckle
- Franklin D. Roosevelt
- Sydney N. Bradley
- SM Mannion
- Red Skull
- Benny Goodman
- Jane Russell
- Dr. Abraham Erskine
- This episode is available to buy on DVD and Blu-ray.
- This aired back-to-back with "Bridge and Tunnel".
- The title is paraphrased from a speech Winston Churchill made in 1942, after German troops driven out of Egypt: "Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. Bit it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."
- Little Wildcat, Lighthouse Cleanser, Boraxo, and Galat's Corndale in Peggy's apartment were real products.
- The S.S.R. uses an Ampro Precision Projector.
- Broussard's Pharmacy next to the L&L Automat, is named after Stephen Broussard, co-producer of The First Avenger. Broussard's had originally appeared in the aforementioned film.
- Flashbacks from the Agent Carter One-Shot are used at the beginning (featuring Carter beating up bad guys), but the timeline is complicated as both the One-Shot and season 1 are set within the same year, and furthermore, at the end of the One-Shot, she is recruited to join S.H.I.E.L.D. effective immediately.