James Gunn (August 5, 1978) is an American writer and director of the Guardians of the Galaxy film series.
After decade old jokes Gunn had made involving paedophile and other sex crimes came to light, he was fired by Disney in July 2018. After several meetings Gunn had with Walt Disney Studios president, Alarn Horn, who was impressed with Gunn's open letter of apology and handling of the situation, it was revealed in March 2019, that he would once again direct Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, after he makes The Suicide Squad for Warner Bros. Pictures.
- Thor: The Dark World (2013, uncredited) - mid-credits scene director
- Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) - writer, director, actor (a maskless Sakaaran)
- Doctor Strange (2016, uncredited) - Stan Lee cameo director
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017) - writer, director
- Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017, uncredited) - Stan Lee cameo director
- Thor: Ragnarok (2017, uncredited) - Stan Lee cameo director
- Avengers: Infinity War (2018) - executive producer
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (announced) - writer, director
- ↑ Fleming Jr., Mike (March 15, 2019). "Disney Reinstates Director James Gunn For 'Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 3'". Deadline. Retrieved March 15, 2019.