Iron Man 2 is a 2010 film, and the third in the Marvel Cinematic Universe's Phase One. It is the first sequel to 2008's Iron Man. It was produced by Marvel Studios and Fairview Entertainment, and distributed by Paramount Pictures. The film was directed by Jon Favreau, from a screenplay written by Justin Theroux. Iron Man 2 was followed by Iron Man 3 in 2013, without Favreau as director, having been replaced by Shane Black.
In 2009, The Walt Disney Company bought Marvel Entertainment, although this didn't affect the distribution rights of Iron Man 2 in the home video market until July 2013.
- El Capitan Theatre, United States: April 26, 2010
- United States: May 7, 2010
Tony Stark has achieved worldwide celebrity stardom as Iron Man, but quickly becomes a reckless drunk, due to the incurable palladium poisoning in the arc reactor that's supposed to be keeping him alive. The government, which wants his armours, is also on his back, along with Ivan Vanko, who is using similar technology and out for revenge.
- Maria Stark
- Larry King
- Terrance Howard did not reprise his role as James Rhodes from Iron Man, instead being replaced by Don Cheadle.
- Samuel Jackson has a bigger role as Nick Fury, and therefore is credited in the film this time, following his uncredited cameo in the post-credits of Iron Man.
- Romanoff isn't called Black Widow in this film.
- The Iron Man stunt double was Clay Donahue Fontenot.
- The War Machine stunt double was Kiante Elam.
- The Tony Stark stunt double was Glenn Foster.
- The Natasha Romanoff stunt double was Heidi Moneymaker.
- The Ivan Vanko stunt double was Garret Warren.
- The Happy Hogan stunt double was David Rowden.
- The Pepper Potts stunt double was Donna Evans; the Potts stunt double in Monaco was Sybille Blouin.
- The film is only set six months after the first, but the first to happen in 2009 so the second one could happen in 2010.
- The film is set partially to the events of The Incredible Hulk and Thor.
- This film is available to buy on DVD and Blu-ray.
- Jon Favreau provides audio commentary on not only the film, but also deleted scenes.
- Stan Lee plays a look-a-like of Larry King, although he's still credited for playing "himself."
- Christiane Amanpour, Bill O'Reilly, Elon Musk, and DJ AM Goldstein appear as themselves.
- The film is dedicated to the memory of Goldstein, who died two months after filming his scene.
- Fury and the newly revealed Black Widow meet Stark at Randy's Donuts.