Pym is an entomologist and physicist, known for creating the Pym Particles, which can decrease a person's size, but increase their strength. He used this technology to become the original Ant-Man, and became an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. He left the organization, when they tried to replicate his technology. He was also founded Pym Technologies, but was ousted by Darren Cross and his own daughter, Hope van Dyne, in part due to a restrained relationship brought on by the death of her mother, Janet van Dyne.
When Cross recreates his own version of the Pym Particles, he plans to militarize it and sell it to Hydra. In a desperate effort to intervene, Pym recruits petty criminal, Scott Lang, to put a stop to this.
- Ant-Man (2015, Dax Griffin plays young Hank)
- Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018, Griffin plays young Hank)
- Avengers: Endgame (2019, cameo)
- Captain America: Civil War (2016)
- Dax Griffin was used as a reference for young Hank in the Ant-Man films, while John Michael Morris was used for Avengers: Endgame.