Guardians of the Galaxy, also known as Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 1, is a 2014 film, and the fourth in the Marvel Cinematic Universe's Phase Two. It was produced by Marvel Studios, and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. The film was directed by James Gunn, from a screenplay written by himself and Nicole Pearlman. It was followed by Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 in 2017, with the same cast and Gunn returning to direct and write.
- Dolby Theatre, United States: July 21, 2014
- United States: August 1, 2014
Peter Quill, aka Star-Lord, defects from the Ravagers, who kidnapped him as a child, to form an uneasy alliance with a rag-tag team of extraterrestrial escaped convicts to save the galaxy from being destroyed by a powerful artifact they've come into possession of.
- Josh Brolin and Seth Green are uncredited for their work as Thanos and Howard the Duck, respectively. Sean Gunn is also uncredited for being the on-set Thanos.
- The Ronan stunt double was Tomas Ereminas.
- The Korath stunt doubles were Maurice Lee and Karanja Yorke.
- The Star-Lord stunt doubles were Ben Wright, Jan Petrina, and William Dent.
- The Gamora stunt double was Chloé Bruce.
- The Drax stunt double was Rob de Groot.
- The Nebula stunt double was Olivia Jackson.
- The Yondu and ugly guard stunt double was David Grant.
- The angry guard stunt double was Florian Robin.
- The watchtower and head riot guard stunt double was Douglas Robson.
- The Nova Prime stunt double was Dani Biernat.
- The Carina stunt double was Sian Milne.
- The Bereet stunt double was Sian Milne.
- The Collector stunt double was Oliver Gough.