Captain America: The Winter Soldier is a 2014 film, and the third in the Marvel Cinematic Universe's Phase Two. It was produced by Marvel Studios, and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. The film was directed by Anthony Russo & Joe Russo, from a screenplay written by Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely. It followed Captain America: The First Avenger in 2011, and was followed by Captain America: Civil War in 2016.
- El Capitan Theatre, United States: March 13, 2014
- United States: April 4, 2014
Steve Rogers continues to fight as Captain America as a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, but he uncovers a conspiracy within the organization that will question who or what he fights for, and who will stand with or against him.
- The mid-credits scene, directed by Joss Whedon, ties into Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., and features uncredited cameos of Thomas Kretschmann, Henry Goodman, Elizabeth Olsen, and Aaron Taylor, as Wolfgang von Strucker, Dr. List, Wanda Maximoff (Scarlet Witch), and Peitro Maximoff (Quicksilver), respectively.
- The Black Widow stunt double was Heidi Moneymaker.
- Steven Culp is credited as Scudder, although the nameplate in front of his character says "P. Wenham", while a nameplate says "S. Scudder" a couple of seats away, for uncredited actor Nestor Serrano.